This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a company.They are so incompetent at every step of the operation it's almost impressive that they're still in business.

My warning is simple: if you can avoid, do so. I won't write the whole story but I'll try to give a quick summary. I ordered a PC game online, and the order never went through, although they never told me that! I called them and they said I must wait "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue.

After about 8 business days I called and spent literally 2.5 hours on the phone. I was put on hold at least 10 times for up to 25 minutes at a time, and the interaction involved at least 5 representatives and as many transfers. At each stage there was no hand-off so I had to re-explain the issue and go through a process involving confirmation that I was who I said I was. I hoped this was the end of my saga but issues on their end continued to fail at EVERY STEP OF THE WAY and every step took the same "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue.

So long story short, I dealt with the company through multiple phone calls, representatives, and failures on the end FOR 6 WEEKS before I finally got my refund. Honestly this almost seems illegal. They wasted so much money in personnel costs on this one very simple issue that I can't imagine how they are still in business. In fact, isn't Microsoft a relatively respected brand?

Baffling.I will never shop with them again and will warn everyone I know to stay away.

Review about: Microsoft Online Store Customer Care.

Preferred solution: $60 gift card.

I didn't like: Customer service, Slow problem escalation, Ordering process, Lack of information.